This is the fourth design in the Caribbean Silver series which has included the seahorse, pelican and octopus. Each year, a new design has been minted. This Silver bullion program has become popular not only with bullion buyers, but also collectors.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Mintage of 7,000.
- Multiples of 20 coins in heat sealed rolls. All other coins will be in protective capsules.
- Obverse: Displays the Barbados coat of arms along with the face value and purity. The golden shield of the arms carries two Pride of Barbados flowers (the national flower) and the bearded fig tree (ficus Citrifolia). On either side of the shield are the supporters – on the right is a dolphin, symbolic of the fishing industry, and on the left is a pelican, after Pelican Island, a small outcrop later incorporated into the Deep Water Harbour development. Above the shield is a helmet and mantling and on a wreath is the arm and hand of a Bajan holding two crossed pieces of sugar cane symbolic of the sugar industry. The coat of arms carries the motto “Pride and Industry.”
- Reverse: Features an image of a green monkey hanging from a tree with his tail. Surrounding the monkey are additional tree branches and leaves. The name of the coin, purity and year of issue are also on the reverse.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Barbados government.
This is a great Silver bullion coin for any collector. Add this beautiful Green Monkey coin to your cart today!
Product may differ from that shown in image
BuyBullion.nz Guaranteed weight and purity
Terms and Conditions apply
PLEASE read shipping policy!